Intellectual Property & Technology Litigation Representative Transactions
- We obtained a favorable judgment for our client in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, in which the court made an important clarification in the functionality boundary between patent and trademark law.
- We obtained a favorable judgment and an award of attorneys’ fees on behalf of our client, one of the leading health care software companies, in a lawsuit invoking a most-favored nation provision in a patent license agreement.
- We represented one of the country’s largest manufacturer of electric turbine silencer equipment in a trade secret case, in which we ultimately obtained a consent judgment in favor of our client that barred the use of trade secrets and materials owned by the manufacturer.
- We successfully represented a Fortune 100 defense contractor and auto-parts manufacturer in prosecution of a claim for breach of a non-competition covenant and technology licensing agreement.
- We effectively defended a national consumer finance company against federal service mark infringement actions.
- We successfully represented a new entry manufacturer of residential and commercial window coverings in a federal antitrust action against the largest company in the industry.
- We successfully represented a pharmaceutical company in multiple lawsuits involving patent infringement, antitrust and breach of warranty claims.
- We provided expert opinion on questions of patent validity and infringement regarding semiconductor circuits, devices and manufacturing processes and for clients charged with patent infringement.
- We effectively represented inventors in multiple multi-party interferences on fundamental inventions in a then new field of biotechnology.
- We performed due diligence effort and negotiated the intellectual property provisions one of the largest biotechnology business transactions.
- We conducted technology due diligence in relation to the merger of our client, a major semiconductor manufacturer, with a potential partner.