Ms. Mazura’s experience includes the following:
- Defending a sex discrimination class action brought by applicants at a foreign energy company doing business in Ohio.
- Defending an ADEA collective action brought by several hundred employees laid off across the country by a predecessor employer.
- Defending a sexual harassment and discrimination class action brought by a group of female employees against an insurance company.
- Defending a class action brought against a municipal transportation provider alleging disability discrimination under the Rehabilitation Act and the ADA in the matter of access to public transportation.
- Defending employers in actions brought by the EEOC including, among others, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission v. World Kitchen. Inc., Case No. 1 :05-cv-1970 (M.D. Penn.) (sex discrimination).
- Obtaining numerous defense verdicts in jury and bench trials and administrative hearings in individual plaintiff cases alleging harassment, retaliation, sex discrimination, race discrimination, marital status discrimination, disability discrimination, national origin discrimination and age discrimination.
- Obtaining judgment on various types of employment discrimination cases and successfully defending the verdicts on appeal including the following: Myers v. U.S. Cellular, 2007 WL 4462150 (6th Cir. 2007) (unpublished) (sex discrimination); Carter v. Northwest Airlines. Inc., 93 Fed. Appx. 944 (7th Cir. Mar. 23, 2004) (disability discrimination); Johnson v. Spiegel Inc., 278 III.App.3d 1125 (1st Dist. 1996) (retaliation); Pierson v. University Orthopaedics, 282 III.App.3d 339 (1st Dist. 1996) (upholding denial of preliminary injunctive relief under the Illinois Human Rights Act); Carter v. Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, 271 III.App.3d 1061 (1st Dist. 1995) (retaliation).
- Representation of numerous clients on matters before the OFCCP.