Alicia Taylor is an associate in the Trusts & Estates Group and holds a master's degree in taxation. Ms. Taylor practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, and tax planning.
A seventh-generation Floridian and the product of a ranching family, Ms. Taylor has a special interest in business succession, estate, and tax planning for agricultural operations.
Ms. Taylor's recent experience includes
- Drafting wills, trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, and spousal access trusts.
- Assisting in the implementation of gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques to promote multi-generational wealth transfers with minimal tax consequences.
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns.
- Assisting in the transfer of closely held business interests.
- Preparation of antenuptial agreements.
Education and Honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (LL.M., 2012)
- Major: Taxation
- Research Assistant for Professor Dennis A. Calfee
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Order of the Coif
- Certificate in Estates & Trusts. Journal of Law and Public Policy (Managing Editor)
- Member of Florida Blue Key
- Book Award Recipient in Taxation of Gratuitous Transfers, Estate Planning, Estates and Trusts, and Insurance Law
- University of Florida (B.S., cum laude, 2008)
- Major: Food and Resource Economics
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar (Member of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section; Member of Tax Section)
- Collier County Bar Association (Member)
- Growing Associates in Naples (GAIN) Class of 2014