Alicia Taylor is an associate in the Trusts & Estates group with a master’s degree in taxation. Ms. Taylor practices in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, and tax planning.
A seventh generation Floridian and the product of a ranching family, Ms. Taylor has a special interest in business succession, estate and tax planning for agricultural operations.
Ms. Taylor’s recent experience includes:
- Drafting wills, trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts and spousal access trusts.
- Assisting in the implementation of gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques to promote multi-generational wealth transfers with minimal tax consequences.
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns.
- Assisting in the transfer of closely-held business interests.
- Preparation of antenuptial agreements
Education and Honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (LL.M., 2012)
Degree: LL.M. in Taxation. Research Assistant for Professor Dennis A. Calfee.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
Order of the Coif. Certificate in Estates & Trusts. Managing Editor, Journal of Law and Public Policy. Member, Florida Blue Key. Book Award Recipient in Taxation of Gratuitous Transfers, Estate Planning, Estates and Trusts, Insurance Law.
- University of Florida (B.S., cum laude, 2008)
Degree: Food and Resource Economics.
Professional and Civic Activities
The Florida Bar (Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Tax Section).
Collier County Bar Association (Member).