Alissa Brice Castañeda is a member of the firm's Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights Practice Group. She focuses her practice on loan and guaranty enforcement actions; loan restructuring and workouts; judicial and non-judicial foreclosures; deficiency actions; receiverships; and Chapter 11, 7, and 13 bankruptcies. She has drafted hundreds of bankruptcy briefs and settlement documents, reviewed and analyzed plans of reorganization, and negotiated on behalf of her clients for optimal plan treatment. Alissa regularly appears in bankruptcy and state courts to advocate for her clients on secured and unsecured loans.
After law school, Alissa served as a law clerk for the Honorable John S. Dalis in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Georgia.
Education and Honors
- Boston College Law School (J.D., 2008)
- University of Southern California (B.A., magna cum laude, 2003)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Professional and Civic Activities
- Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, (Member, 2011- Present; Secretary, 2016-2017; Special Events Committee Chair, 2014-2016)
- Suns Charities 88 (Member, 2016-2017)
- Maricopa County Bar Association Bankruptcy Section (Secretary and Treasurer, 2016-2017; Board Member, 2014-2016)
- University of Southern California Alumni Club of Phoenix (Board Member, 2010-2016)
- Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Star, 2014-present