Allison Buchanan practices in the firm's Public Finance Group. She advises school districts and other municipalities in many areas of municipal finance. Some of her recent experience includes
- Working with school districts on the financing of capital projects and cash flow borrowing.
- Working with school districts on bond and revenue cap referenda.
- Assisting clients with various municipal financings, including general obligation bonds and notes, revenue bonds, and note and bond anticipation notes.
- Advising clients regarding tax incremental financing districts and other economic development and redevelopment matters.
- Providing assistance related to public records and open meetings laws.
- Working with clients on 501(c)(3) bond financings.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- The Wisconsin International Law Journal (Note and Comment Editor, 2005–2006)
- Served as a judicial intern for Honorable Judge Moria Krueger of the Dane County Circuit Court
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., magna cum laude, 2003)
- Indiana (inactive)
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Marquette Legal Clinic Pro Bono Volunteer Lawyer (2010–Present)
- Life Navigators (Member, Friends of Life Navigators Young Professionals Group, 2011–present)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of St. Joseph County, Inc. (Board of Directors, 2007–2008)
- Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph County, Indiana (Member, Young Professionals Network Advisory Council, 2006–2008)