There is much that Alyce has achieved over the years, but the following stand out as a few examples of successes of which she is particularly proud:
- Founding member and national chair from 1985 to 2003 of Quarles & Brady’s Health Law Group. Led development of group from embryonic stages to four-office practice with national reputation in the health care industry.
- Formed the first hospital-owned, federally qualified HMO in Wisconsin.
- Formed and led the initial public offering of a multi health care system managed-care company.
- Formation of Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative, a nonprofit consumer-oriented and -operated health plan (COOP). Alyce assisted this Affordable Care Act-inspired entity in its startup and application to the federal centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for a startup loan and a $54 million solvency loan.
- Worked with large, nonprofit social service agency to help it develop a new service line, building on services already offered by the company. This involved building a new partnership with a for-profit entity unfamiliar with the service line. The work included engaging with state regulators to assess project feasibility, developing a facilities management contract for the new venture, and helping our client protect itself against the financial risks of the new venture.