Alyssa is an attorney in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Law Practice Group. She practices in all areas of employee benefits, including qualified retirement plans, health and welfare plans, and executive compensation. Her experience includes
- Assisting administrators and fiduciaries of employee benefits plans regarding compliance with the standards of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, the Internal Revenue Code, and related regulations.
- Advising clients in designing and administering qualified retirement plans, deferred compensation arrangements, and insured and self-insured welfare plans.
- Counseling clients in connection with Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service correction programs.
- Advising employee benefit plans regarding compliance with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, including preparation of various policies, procedures, and agreements as required by HIPAA.
- Implementing deferred compensation plans in compliance with Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Assisting clients regarding compliance with health care reform (the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act).
- Providing clients with counseling on church plan matters.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- Jenkins Moot Court Competition (Winner of the Ramon A. Klitzke Prize for Best Oral Advocacy). Jenkins Moot Court Competition (Winning Team). Moot Court Association, Moot Court Board (Chief Justice)
- National Competition 2009–2010 (Outstanding Brief Award)
- National Appellate Advocacy Competition (Marquette University Law School Team)
- Student Bar Association (President)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., 2006)
- Major: English and Cultural Studies
- Certificate: Religious Studies
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2011
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Greater Milwaukee Employee Benefits Council (Member)
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic (Volunteer Lawyer)
- Quarles & Brady Truancy Court Project (Volunteer Lawyer)
- St. John's Open Door Cafe (Volunteer)
- Marquette University Law School Moot Court Program (Alumni Coach)
- State Bar of Wisconsin Committee on Resolution of Fee Disputes (Former Committee Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2013)