Amalia Todryk's practice focuses on estate planning and wealth preservation strategies for individuals, small business owners, and professionals. Her experience includes
- Creating tax efficient general estate plans and preparing wills, trusts, marital agreements and powers of attorney to carry them out.
- Implementing sophisticated gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques to minimize the impact of taxes on transfers of wealth from generation to generation.
- Counseling owners of family and closely held businesses on succession planning and ownership structures designed to facilitate gift and estate planning transfers.
- Administering estates and trusts and advising personal representatives and trustees on fiduciary duties and income tax and accounting matters.
- Preparing and defending on audit federal and state estate tax, gift tax and fiduciary income tax returns.
- Assisting with charitable estate planning techniques.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., 2003)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Federal Taxation of Corporations & Shareholders
- St. Thomas More Scholarship Awarded for all three years
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2000)
- Member of the Varsity Women's Cross Country and Track teams
- Big Ten Academic All American (1996–1997)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Trusts & Estate Section (Vice Chair, September 2015 - June 2016)
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Trusts & Estate Section (Program Chair, September 2014 - June 2015)
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Trusts & Estate Section (Chair, September 2013 - June 2014)
- United Way Planned Giving Advisory Committee (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Estate Planning Forum, Ltd. (Member)
- Professional Dimensions (Member)
- Wisconsin Humane Society (Board of Directors)
- Junior League of Milwaukee (Member)
- The Service Club of Milwaukee (Member)
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 (Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Trusts and Estates)
- Selected as a Rad Milwaukee Woman by the Women’s Fund of Greater Milwaukee (2016)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Editions 2010–2011 (Estate Planning & Probate)
- Selected as 1 of 26 "Up and Coming Lawyers" in Wisconsin by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2010)