Amy Ciepluch is a member of the Firm's Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group. She works closely with employers on the design, drafting and ongoing legal compliance of their retirement, executive compensation and health and welfare programs
- Working with a mid-sized publicly traded manufacturing company to successfully implement two pension plan derisking programs – a lump sum window and annuity purchase.
- Designing and drafting an equity incentive plan and deferred compensation plan for a newly publicly-traded company, with a focus on deductibility of awards under Code Section 162(m) and compliance with Code Section 409A.
- Assisting a large private manufacturing company with medical plan strategy and design changes designed to avoid Affordable Care Act pay or play penalties.
- Counseling a large non-profit organization on strategy for reducing a Department of Labor penalty assessment and leading related communications and negotiation.
- Advising a large retail company on day to day health and welfare plan compliance issues, such as issues involving open enrollment, election changes, plan design changes and vendor errors, via a health plan hotline arrangement.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2000)
- Law Review (Managing Editor, 1999–2000)
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (B.A., 1997)
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Wisconsin Retirement Plan Professionals (Member)
- National Association for Stock Plan Professionals (Member)
- National Association for Stock Plan Professionals, Wisconsin Chapter (Board Member Emeritus)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2012–present: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law)