Andre Fiebig focuses on mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial law and antitrust. He also serves as the U.S. external general counsel for a number of foreign companies. Andre also regularly provides compliance advice and training to foreign clients around the world.
Andre is an Adjunct Professor at Northwestern University School of Law (since 1995) where he teaches Mergers & Acquisitions. He also teaches international antitrust at Bucerius Law School (Hamburg, Germany) and the Munich Intellectual Property Law Center of the Max Planck Institute in Munich.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady LLP, Andre was a partner with Baker & McKenzie LLP in Chicago. Prior to Baker & McKenzie, he practiced at Gardner Carton & Douglas in Chicago and Deringer Tessin Herrmann & Sedemund in Germany and Belgium.
Andre earned a B.S. degree from the University of Illinois. He graduated from Chicago-Kent College of Law (IIT) and also has a Doctorate of Laws degree from the University of Tübingen (Germany). Andre is a dual citizen of Germany and the United States and is fluent in English and German.
Andre lives in Chicago and serves on the Boards of several not-for-profit institutions such as the Elgin Symphony Orchestra, the Loyola Institute for Consumer and Antitrust Studies, Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business and the German International School Chicago.
Education and Honors
- University of Tübingen (Doctor of Laws, magna cum laude, 1996)
- University of Tübingen (LL.M., magna cum laude, 1991)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 1989)
- University of Illinois (B.S., 1986)
- New York
Professional and Civic Activities
- Elgin Symphony Orchestra (Member of the Board of Directors).
- German International School of Chicago (Member of the Board of Directors).
- Institute for Consumer Antitrust Studies, Loyola University School of Law (Member of the Advisory Board).
- American Bar Association (Member, Antitrust Law).
- American Economics Association (Member).
- Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business (Member of the Board of Advisors).