Andrew Sherwood is a retired partner with Quarles & Brady. He practiced in the area of commercial litigation and the representation of clients in white collar criminal matters. Areas of emphasis in Mr. Sherwood's practice were professional negligence, securities regulated litigation, government contracting and environmental matters. His experience included:
- Representation of major law firms in complex legal negligence matters.
- Representations of officers and directors of publicly held corporations in securities litigation.
- Representation of principal of a large regional securities firm in multistate department of justice and criminal investigation based in San Francisco arising out of an alleged fraudulent bond transactions.
- Representation of corporate entities, officers and directors of various publicly and privately held corporations in connection with alleged violations of state and federal environmental regulations.
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona–James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 1974)
- Arizona Law Review (Executive Editor, 1973-1974). Judicial Clerkship for Chief Judge Walter E. Craig, U.S. District Court of Arizona (1974-1975).
- University of Arizona (B.A., 1971)
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1974
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1974
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Chair, Professionalism Committee, 1997-2004)
- Practice focused on the representation of clients in the areas of complex civil and white collar criminal litigation. Experience included representing legal and accounting firms and individuals within those firms in professional negligence matters; representing defense contractors in both civil and criminal matters; representing securities dealers, as well as officers, directors and principal shareholders of publicly and privately held corporate entities in securities litigation; and representing manufacturers and consulting firms in environmental matters
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®(2005-present: Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2007-2011 Southwest Super Lawyers® lists (Business Litigation)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Member of the Year, State Bar of Arizona, 2000
- Contributing author to State Bar of Arizona manual on professionalism