Ann Comer practiced in the area of commercial real estate and finance. She is experienced in a wide range of real estate law matters, that included advising clients on real estate development and finance matters, negotiating and closing construction and permanent loan transactions, negotiating and closing purchase and sale transactions, and advising clients on matters involving affordable housing and new markets tax credits. Ms. Comer's experience includes:
- Represented a Wisconsin municipality in negotiating the development of a major resort and convention center.
- Represented a Wisconsin municipality in negotiating the development of an office building for the national headquarters of a publicly held company.
- Represented lenders, investors, and developers in transactions involving New Markets Tax Credits, Section 42 Housing Tax Credits, and Historic Tax Credits.
- Represented borrowers and lenders in transactions financed with the proceeds of bonds.
- Represented a developer of a conservancy residential subdivision, including representation in zoning and permitting matters, formation of the ownership association, and establishment of forestry, conservancy, and other land management restrictions and covenants.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1983)
- Marquette University (B.A., 1980)
- University of Dayton
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1983
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- State Bar of Michigan (Member)
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys (Fellow)
- Irish Fest Foundation (Former Director)
- Irish Festivals, Inc. (Former President)
- Selected as a "2011 Women in the Law" honoree by the Wisconsin Law Journal.
- Received the 2011 WCREW Leadership Award from the Wisconsin Commercial Real Estate Women
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2010–present: Real Estate Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2008–present: Real Estate)