Anneke Diem serves as the chair of the Chicago Business Law Practice Group and is co-leader of the Corporate Venturing Team. Her practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, representing institutional investors in connection with their direct and fund investments, general corporate counseling, and corporate governance. Anneke serves as outside general counsel for many of her clients and helps them identify and implement practical solutions to complex legal issues. She has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Representing publicly and privately held businesses in strategic acquisitions and divestitures.
- Representing private equity funds in acquisitions and divestitures of portfolio companies and the governance of portfolio companies.
- Negotiating complex joint venture agreements.
- Advising institutional investors in connection with venture capital investments.
- Advising publicly and privately held businesses in corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
- Drafting customer and supplier agreements, independent contractor agreements, and numerous other commercial contracts for clients.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Research Institutions
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Health & Life Sciences
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- University of Washington School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- University of Iowa (B.B.A., high distinction, 2004)
- Major: Business Management and Organizations
Professional and Civic Activities
- StartOut Chicago (Steering Committee Member)
- State Bar of Illinois (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Illinois Bankers Association (Member)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Editions 2009–2011 (Business/Corporate)
- Selected as a Best LGBT Lawyer Under 40 – Class of 2012 Award Recipient