Barry Sammons is a retired partner with Quarles & Brady LLP. He practiced in the area of patent law, with experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the U.S. and foreign patent offices, litigating patent infringement matters, drafting patentability and infringement opinions, and consulting regarding client patent programs and procedures.
Mr. Sammons had special expertise in the fields of computer systems and software, particularly as applied to medical imaging, image processing, industrial control and communications. His experience includes:
- Represented numerous university and educational institution clients in medical imaging and medical device patent-related matters.
- Provided intellectual property advice to a variety of manufacturing businesses.
Education and Honors
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1969)
- University of Michigan (B.S., 1965)
- Degree: Electrical Engineering.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Law Association (Member)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (Member)
- Technical background includes knowledge of factory automation and medical imaging
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (1991-2008: Intellectual Property Law)
- Listed in Chambers USA (2006-2008: Intellectual Property)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated