Benjamin B. Brown is Board Certified in Business Litigation and practices at both the trial-court and appellate levels. He represents local and national lenders, loan servicers, professional fiduciaries, and other sophisticated parties and focuses his practice on complex business and real estate disputes, including title litigation, creditor rights matters, probate and trust litigation, and insurance disputes. His recent experience includes:
- Representing national loan servicer at two-day trial and appeal in case involving duplicate negotiable instruments, fraud allegations, and title issues.
- Representing national retailer in dispute regarding shopping complex access and easement rights.
- Representing professional fiduciary in complex probate and trust dispute.
- Representing seller of single-family residence in contract-interpretation dispute at trial and appellate levels.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- University of Florida Student Honor Court Attorney General
- Princeton University (B.A., 2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar (Member)
- Collier County Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Princeton Alumni Schools Committee (Member)
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in Business Litigation.
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars 2009–2016 Editions (Business Litigation)
- Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. v. Sotern, 46 So. 3d 618 (Fla. 2d DCA 2010)
- Gibney v. Pillifant, 32 So. 3d 784 (Fla. 2d DCA 2010)
- Regions Bank v. Deluca, 97 So. 3d 879 (Fla. 2d DCA 2012)
- Alonso v. Deutsch Bank Nat’l Trust Co., 133 So. 3d 550 (Fla. 2d DCA 2014)
- Citibank, N.A. v. Konigsberg, 149 So. 3d 1185 (Fla. 2d DCA 2014)
- U.S. Bank Nat’l Ass'n v. Rios, 166 So. 3d 202 (Fla. 2d DCA 2015)