Benjamin Brown practices in the area of commercial litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. He focuses primarily on complex real estate disputes, including title claims, probate and trust litigation, insurance disputes, as well as enforcement of judgments. His recent experience includes:
- Representing Fortune 50 lender in title/priority dispute at trial and appellate levels.
- Representing national retailer in dispute regarding shopping complex access and easement rights.
- Representing professional fiduciary in complex probate and trust dispute.
- Representing seller of single-family residence in contract-interpretation dispute at trial and appellate levels.
Education and Honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
University of Florida Student Honor Court Attorney General.
- Princeton University (B.A., 2002)
U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Board Certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in Business Litigation.
Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers®
–Rising Stars 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Editions (Business Litigation). Published Opinions
Countrywide Home Loans, Inc.
v. Sotern, 46 So.3d 618 (Fla. 2d DCA 2010).
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar (Member).
- Collier County Bar Association (Member).
- American Bar Association (Member).
- Princeton Alumni Schools Committee (Member).