Bernard Kearney practices business law in the area of real estate, serving clients in all aspects of real estate law but with an emphasis in commercial land development, investment, construction, and leasing. His recent experience includes the following:
Private Equity Real Estate. Serving as principal counsel for multiple private equity real estate funds in connection with the acquisition of over $200 million of assets in the Midwest region. Representation includes directing all legal aspects of asset acquisition, private placement offerings to investors, financing, developing, and leasing.
Corporate Real Estate Portfolio Management. Serving as principal real estate counsel for the ongoing representation of an international manufacturing client in connection with all legal aspects of its corporate real estate portfolio in excess of 50,000,000 square feet of space.
HUD Lending. Serving as borrower’s counsel for over $650,000,000 of HUD loans for the owner of 100+ skilled nursing facilities.
Partnership and Joint Ventures. Negotiating and drafting complex limited liability company operating agreements and partnership agreements for real estate ventures.
Health Care. Representing a large health care provider in connection with the acquisition, development, and financing of multiple clinic and medical office building facilities.
- Real Estate
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors, 2002)
- University of Texas (M.A., 2002)
- Major: Philosophy
- Marquette University (M.A., 1997)
- Major: Political Science
- Marquette University (B.A., 1995)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2012 Milwaukee Real Estate Law Lawyer of the Year
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2012–present: Real Estate Law)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Editions 2006–2010 (Real Estate)