Blake Hanson is a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group and is experienced in representing a variety of clients in real estate matters throughout the country, involving acquisitions and dispositions, mortgage financing, leasing, land use, and development. Mr. Hanson's experience includes
- Representation of real estate investment trust (REITs) client with respect to property acquisitions and mortgage debt financings of over $450 million for light industrial, office, and mixed-use properties throughout the United States.
- Representation of lender client in $36 million mortgage loan and participation encumbering multiple student housing properties in northern Illinois.
- Representation of lender in multi-state deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction involving a portfolio of 16 properties appraised at $118 million.
- Representation of bank client in the disposition of retail and multi-family REO property.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in the negotiation of office, retail, and light industrial leases.
- Representation of foreign land trust beneficiary in the disposition of retail property.
- Representation of condominium developer in the drafting of condominium declarations, purchase agreement forms, and property reports.
- Representation of clients in various land use and zoning matters, including zoning map amendments, business licensing, and permitting.
- Real Estate
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 2007)
- Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy (Article Editor)
- Thomas J. White Scholar
- Wheaton College, Illinois (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)