Brian Booker focuses his practice on commercial litigation with emphasis in commercial and professional liability, real estate, securities fraud and products liability. His experience includes:
- Defense of product manufacturers in the context of property damage and catastrophic injury including automotive products, towing/trailers, and fire litigation.
- Defense of commercial and residential mortgage brokers in regulatory/administrative contexts.
- Representation of various entities in minority shareholder oppression action.
- Representation of various entities in guaranty enforcement actions.
- Representation of corporations and individuals in defamation suits.
- Defense of commercial real estate brokerage in an intentional interference with contract action.
- Defense of a resort operator in numerous wrongful death actions.
- Defense of a real estate brokerage in alleged fraud/misrepresentation.
- Representation of financial institutions and consumer financial services companies in wire fraud actions, and FCRA, FDCPA and state law claims.
Education and Honors
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1994)
- Stanford University (B.A., departmental honors, 1991)
Degree: Political Science.
U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2000
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1994
- Named Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America (LCA).
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2013-present: Commercial Litigation).
- Selected for inclusion in the 2012-2014 Southwest Super Lawyers® lists (Business Litigation).
- 2003 Business Journal ‘Forty under 40’ award.
- 2003 American Jewish Committee Judge Learned Hand Award for Emerging Leadership.
- Valley Leadership Class XXIII.
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Wellness Community (Board of Directors).
- Arizona Black Bar (Member).
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member).
- Defense Research Institute (Member).
- National Bar Association (Member).
- The Thunderbirds (Member).
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Central Arizona (Member).