Brian Lanser practices in the area of public finance. He serves as bond counsel to numerous Wisconsin municipalities.
He has extensive experience with tax incremental financing and redevelopment and community development financing,
in addition to general obligation and revenue bond financing. His practice particularly emphasizes the federal tax aspects of tax-exempt municipal financing. His recent experience includes:
- Representing a municipality in connection with the negotiation of a development agreement and the public financing aspects of redevelopment of a large, abandoned industrial site in the municipality.
- Representing Wisconsin municipalities in the structuring and financing of cooperative arrangements to consolidate services and reduce costs.
- Serving as bond counsel in connection with numerous advance refundings by Wisconsin municipalities.
Education and Honors
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1981)
- Marquette University (B.A., 1978)
Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Sigma Nu.
Named the Best Lawyers’ 2012 Milwaukee Project Finance Law Lawyer of the Year.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2007-present: Project Finance Law / Public Finance Law).
Peer Review Rated.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member).
- American Bar Association (Member).
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member).
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member).
- American College of Bond Counsel (Elected Member).
- Christ King School Endowment Fund (Trustee, 1997-present).
- St. Vincent de Paul Society (Member).
- Christ King Parish, Wauwatosa (President of Parish Council, 1991-1993).
- Christ King Athletic Committee (Chairperson, 1998-2001).