Brian Sirower’s practice is concentrated primarily on bankruptcy and commercial litigation, including secured creditor representation in connection with income producing properties, secured creditor representation of asset-based lenders, commercial leasing, debtor in possession lending, commercial debtor representation, committee representation on a large and small scale, utility reorganizations, and preference and fraudulent conveyance defense. He has extensive experience in creditor, debtor and committee representation in Arizona and throughout the United States. A representative sample of Mr. Sirower’s engagements include the following:
- National and regional lenders and lessors with respect to a broad array of secured financing transactions and commercial leasing transactions.
- Credit card companies in Chapter 11 proceedings and FTC enforcement actions, including airlines, cruise lines, and retailers.
- Creditor in connection with its acquisition of a water utility through a competing plan in Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Equity security holders committee in the Chapter 11 cases of twelve related debtors which comprised the second largest independent computer leasing business in the United States.
- DIP lender in connection with Chapter 11 reorganization of a regional airline as a prelude to the acquisition of the debtor.
- Approximately eighty (80) single asset real estate limited partnerships in connection with reorganization and restructuring issues.
- A public technology company in Denver, Colorado in connection with its restructuring and sale.
- A municipality in connection with the Chapter 9 bankruptcy of a waste water treatment district in Arizona.
- A national prescription drug distributor in the Chapter 11 of a franchisee of a national drug store chain.
- National and regional lenders in evaluation and resolution of assets acquired from failed FDIC-insured banks.
Education and Honors
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1988)
- College of William and Mary (B.A., 1985)
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2014
U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2000
U.S. District Court, Colorado, 1998
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1988
Peer Review Rated.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®
(2009-present: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law / Litigation - Bankruptcy).
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member).
- State Bar of Arizona (Member, Bankruptcy Section).
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member).
- American Bankruptcy Institute (Member).
- Risk Management Association (Board Member, Arizona Chapter).
- Turnaround Management Association (Member).