Bruce Davidson is a former member and chair of Quarles & Brady's Corporate Finance/Securities Team. A significant portion of his practice involved representation of clients subject to regulation by the Securities and Exchange Commission, and he has extensive experience representing publicly held companies with respect to public and private offerings of securities, general securities law compliance, corporate governance and business combination transactions. Mr. Davidson's experience included:
- Counseling companies about compliance with the extensive corporate governance and disclosure changes resulting from the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and related SEC and stock exchange initiatives.
- Representing companies offering securities off of shelf registration statements and through Rule 144A offerings followed by back-end registrations.
- Assisting companies in effecting spinoffs and business combination transactions and preparing the requisite SEC filings, including a $3.7 billion stock-for-stock merger, a $2.2 billion two-step tender offer/merger sale transaction, and the associated SEC filings.
- Advising clients regarding compliance with disclosure requirements applicable to SEC reports, press releases and investor presentations and disclosure issues in connection with proxy solicitations, business combination transactions and securities offerings.
- Counseling clients with respect to corporate governance principles, board committee charters, responsibilities of board committees and independent directors, corporate policies and general corporate matters.
Education and Honors
- Harvard Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1970)
- Marist College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1966)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals (Member, 1989-present; Securities Law Committee, 1994-2001; Former President of Milwaukee Chapter; Member of Advisory Committee of Milwaukee Chapter)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member, Business Law Section; Federal Regulation of Securities Committee, 1981-present; Committee on Legal Opinions, 1992-present)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member; Member of the former Standard Forms of Legal Opinions Committee)
- Ray Garrett, Jr. Corporate & Securities Law Institute-Chicago (Member, Planning Committee/Executive Committee, 1984-2012)
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee Campaign Cabinet (Former Member)
- Quarles & Brady's Milwaukee United Way Campaign Coordinator
- Named "2011 Leader in the Law" and recognized with a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Wisconsin Law Journal
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (Corporate Law)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- One of 114 attorneys in U.S. named by Fortune 1000 companies to 2005 BTI Consulting Group Client Service All-Star Team for outstanding client service
- Selected for inclusion in the Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Securities & Corporate Finance)
- Quarles & Brady updates on a variety of corporate, corporate finance and securities law developments
- Presentations at the Ray Garrett, Jr. Corporate and Securities Law Institute in Chicago and at Milwaukee Chapter and National programs of the Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals on various corporate and securities topics
- Program Chair, Annual Seminars sponsored by Milwaukee Chapter of Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals (1992-2012)