Antitrust and Trade Regulation
Quarles & Brady's Antitrust & Trade Regulation Practice Group is made up of a core team of experienced attorneys with deep knowledge of state and federal antitrust, pricing, and unfair competition law. While our attorneys are well-versed in antitrust law as a whole, each member of the group also has specific industry knowledge, enabling us to assign attorneys to client matters in a way that maximizes the likelihood of success. Our experienced team provides legal services in three key areas:
Business Planning and Structuring Counseling
- analysis and structuring of significant business transactions, including formations, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and dispositions
- reviews of pricing issues, including distributor pricing, resale pricing and price discrimination
- structuring and operation of buying groups, cooperative advertising, and other promotional services and allowances
- counseling with regard to business relationships and licensing agreements with customers, vendors, and other suppliers
- advice regarding dealership, distributor, and franchise activities, including supply and price policies, terminations, government regulations, and other issues
- regulatory guidance for trade associations and cooperatives
Regulatory Compliance and Government Investigations
- implementation and monitoring of compliance programs
- Federal Trade Commission filings and reviews, including those related to mergers and acquisition (HSR filings).
- representation and defense of antitrust and trade regulation investigations conducted by the Federal Trade Commission, U.S. Department of Justice, and state attorneys general.
- federal, state, and administrative litigation on behalf of defendants and plaintiffs
- representation in civil cases and class actions
The Antitrust & Trade Regulation Practice Group is committed to the philosophy that prevention is better than a cure—and that when investigations, disputes, or litigation do arise, they must be addressed vigorously.