Charles Q. Kamps is a retired partner with Quarles & Brady LLP. Mr. Kamps' experience includes:
- Representation before state and federal courts.
- Representation before the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources ("DNR") and the Environmental Protection Agency ("EPA").
- Represented industry in leading Wisconsin cases establishing limits on authority of Wisconsin DNR (Niagara of Wisconsin v. DNR; Wisconsin Electric Power v. DNR).
- Served as lead counsel in defeating various environmental challenges to a major regional shopping mall.
- Represented James River Corporation in successful challenge to DNR permit provisions relating to bio accumulating substances.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (LL.B., 1959)
- Phi Delta Phi. Marquette Law Review (Member, 1958-1959).
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Chairman, Environmental Law Committee, 1979-1981)
- Milwaukee Yacht Club (Member)
- Author, "Dealing With the Agencies," Quarles & Brady Clean Air Act program, 1990
- Co-author, "DNR Compliance and Other Environmental Considerations," Quarles & Brady program, 1988