Cheryl Payne is a member of the firm's Trusts and Estates Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in the field of adoption law and also advises prospective adoptive parents in private domestic adoptions of newborns and domestication of international adoptions.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Ms. Payne was actively involved in the area of medical risk management both in the educational field and in her own firm. She provided support to law firms reviewing and interpreting medical and dental records, preparing medical research, advising on risk management and preparing medical professionals for deposition as well as providing mediation and arbitration support.
Ms. Payne is also a registered nurse.
Education and Honors
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 1992)
- Trial Advocacy Society. ABA/LSD. Florida Bar IOTA Public Service Fellow. Stetson Law Journal. Phi Delta Phi.
- Pennsylvania State University (BSN, high distinction, 1987)
- Degree: Nursing.
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 1976)
- Degree: Biology.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Collier County Bar Association (Member)
- The Florida Bar (Member)
- Florida Adoption Council (Member)
- Sigma Theta Tau (Member)
- Phi Delta Phi (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- National Association of Nurses (Member)
- National Association of School Nurses (Member)
- Florida Association of School Nurses (Member)
- Featured, "Q&A with Cheryl Payne, attorney at Quarles & Brady," news-press.com, March 7, 2013