Cheryl Smukowski is an intellectual property paralegal with over 31 years of experience in the legal field, 23 years as a paralegal. She specializes in international patent and trademark law as follows:
- Conduct state, U.S. and international trademark and copyright due diligence and clearance searching.
- Prepare and file U.S. and foreign trademark applications.
- Manage dockets for required actions and deadlines.
- Prepare and record chain of title documents against registrations, domestically and internationally.
- Prepare and file trademark maintenance documents.
- Prepare and send reporting letters regarding status of trademark prosecution.
- Prepare annual trademark cost estimates for client budgets.
- Legalize documents.
- Coordinate intake of large scale new matters.
- Conduct research regarding requirements for recording documents, including trademark license agreements.
- Work closely with attorneys and clients with respect to filing and maintaining foreign patents, payment of maintenance fees, standard reporting, compliance documents, certified copy ordering and submission, and providing cost estimates.
Cheryl enjoys creating and maintaining internet graphics and websites in her spare time, as well as attending musical theatre productions.