Christine Cassetta is a partner in the firm’s Health Law Group. Her practice focuses on health care regulatory issues for individual and commercial clients including providers, hospitals, behavioral health institutions, pharmacies, prescription drug and device wholesale distributors and manufacturers, third-party logistics providers, and pharmacy benefit managers. Christine has experience with the following issues:
- Analysis of federal and state pharmaceutical law and regulations.
- Compliance with the Drug Quality and Security Act (Compounding Quality Act and the Drug Supply Chain Security Act).
- Representation of health care clients including individuals, behavioral health providers and nursing homes in contract disputes and licensing issues.
- Compliance with HIPAA and state health privacy laws.
- Licensing and regulatory compliance.
- Drafting contracts pertaining to health care transactions and business relations.
- Compliance with Federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Health care fraud and abuse prevention.
- Advising pharmacies, prescription drug wholesalers and Pharmacy Benefit Managers on FDA, DEA and state regulatory issues.
- Compliance with Medicare and Medicaid programs and guidance regarding audits.
- Cold Chain compliance.
- Electronic prescribing compliance.
Her previous work included the following:
- Assistant Attorney General in the Solicitor General’s Office of the Arizona Attorney General’s Office, where she served as Board Counsel to the Arizona Medical Board advising the Board and its Executive Staff on all issues, including legislation, administrative rules, media relations and day-to-day operations.
- Counsel to Arizona Dental Board, Arizona State Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Arizona State Board of Osteopathic Examiners and Arizona State Board of Accountancy, where she provided independent advice to the boards in matters litigated by other Assistant Attorney Generals.
Education and Honors
- St. John's University School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Manhattanville College (B.A., with honors, 1988)
- Majors: Political Science and Economics
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1998
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Member)
- Arizona Association of Health Lawyers (Member)
- Capitol School (Volunteer, 2007–present)
- "Wills for Heroes" (Volunteer, 2010–present)
- Received the Pharmacy Appreciation Award from the Arizona Pharmacy Alliance (July 2011)
- Recipient of "For Love of Justice" Pro Bono Award as Attorney of the Month by the Volunteer Lawyers Program (January 2010)
- Arizona Dep't of Rev. v. Raby, 204 Ariz. 509, 65 P.3d 458 (App. 2003); Arizona Dep't of Rev. v. Dougherty, 200 Ariz. 515, 29 P.3d 862 (2001); Kerr v. Killian, 201 Ariz. 125, 32 P.3d 408 (App. 2001); Kerr v. Killian, 204 Ariz. 485, 65 P.3d 408 (App. 2001); Rangel v. Arizona Dep't of Rev., 200 Ariz. 257, 25 P.3d 745 (App. 2001); Arizona Dep't of Rev. v. Dougherty, 198 Ariz. 1, 6 P.3d 306 (App. 2000).