Chris is an attorney with Quarles and Brady LLP practicing health and life sciences law.
His experience includes
- Assisting health care practices and businesses in matters related to corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, vendor contracting, day-to-day operations, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback compliance, record-keeping, and labor and employment issues.
- Counseling physicians on matters related to employment and shareholder agreements, compensation, hiring and termination negotiations, and general practice issues.
- Advising sports and athletic associations, groups, and facilities on medical/clinical staff duties, injury management/mitigation policies, and emergency protocols.
- Assisting chain, regional, and independent pharmacies in complying with practice of pharmacy, supply chain, controlled substance, and business licensing regulations.
- Advising drug wholesalers on licensing, operations management, and Drug Quality and Security Act (DQSA) issues.
- Counseling pharmacy benefits managers (PBM), third party administrators (TPA), and discount medical program organizations (DMPO) on licensing, sponsor/marketer contracting, fraud/waste/abuse laws, and operational compliance issues.
- Counseling clients on disaster preparedness, immediate disaster response, and mitigation efforts to minimize damage and impact to operations.
- Defending health care facilities and professionals against board investigations and complaints.
Prior to attending law school, Chris served with Teach For America as a middle school language arts teacher in St. Louis, Missouri. He remains involved with the organization as a mentor and resume coach. Chris also currently sits on the founding board of Vista College Preparatory, a mission-focused K-5 charter school serving students in South-Central Phoenix.
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona–James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Arizona Journal of International & Comparative Law (Managing Editor). 2011 Outstanding Journal Editor. 2011 Dean's Service Award
- CALI Award (ERISA & Employee Benefits Law). Phi Alpha Delta
- University of Arizona Mock Trial (Mentor). Morris K. Udall Inn of Court (Pupil)
- American Bar Association (Law Student Division). Student Bar Association (American Bar Association Representative and Student Representative). Ares Fellow. Writing Fellow. Gust Rosenfeld Scholar
- University of Arizona (B.A., cum laude, 2006)
- Majors: Political Science & Sociology.
- Phi Beta Kappa. Advanced Placement Scholar. Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity (President; Service Chair; Youth Mentor Chair; Publicity Chair)
- University of Arizona Mock Trial (Team Captain)
- Project Volunteer (Youth Programs Coordinator)
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member of Health Law Section)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Member)
- Vista College Preparatory (Founding Board Member)