Cody Huffaker handles complex commercial litigation matters. Mr. Huffaker's litigation practice has an emphasis in franchise litigation, products liability defense, trust and estate litigation, consumer lending, and real estate and construction disputes. Mr. Huffaker routinely represents small and large businesses, including franchisors, manufacturers, financial institutions and contractors, in all aspects of litigation. Mr. Huffaker's recent experience includes:
- Obtaining a favorable settlement for the owners of a growing franchise involved in a complex ownership dispute.
- Obtaining a dismissal with prejudice of a six-figure counterclaim asserted by a borrower against a national lending institution.
- Obtaining multiple, favorable settlements for a manufacturer of water treatment systems in product liability lawsuits across the United States.
- Obtaining a dismissal with prejudice for an international manufacturer of ceramic body armor in a multimillion-dollar dispute.
- Obtaining favorable settlements for multiple national lending institutions in connection with lender liability claims.
- Obtaining dismissals with prejudice for public entities involved in complex contract disputes.
- Obtaining favorable settlements for fiduciaries and beneficiaries involved in complex trust and estate disputes.
- Representation of a national franchisor in complex collection disputes.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in complex commercial lease disputes.
- Representation of shareholders and directors in various corporate disputes.
- Representation of contractors and subcontractors involved in construction disputes.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Franchise & Distribution
- Fiduciary, Trust and Probate Litigation
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Order of the Coif
- Arizona State Law Journal (Managing Editor)
- Arizona State University (B.A., 2008)
- Major: English Literature
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2011
- American Bar Association, Trust and Estate Litigation Committee (Member)
- American Bar Association, Real Estate Litigation Committee (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Member)
- Salvation Army Legal Clinic
- Law Clerk to Hon. William J. O’Neil, Arizona’s Presiding Disciplinary Judge