Construction Transactions Team
Members of Quarles & Brady’s Construction Transactions Team work closely with all participants in the construction process – owners, design professionals, contractors, construction managers and design/builders, subcontractors and suppliers, insurers and sureties. We are familiar with all of the standardized construction document families (AIA, ConsensusDocs, DBIA and others), as well as having extensive experience drafting project-specific contract documents, including multi-party, integrated project delivery (“IPD”) agreements, contracts associated with building information modeling (“BIM”) and lean construction.
Our project involvement often begins at the initial planning and programming stage, and carries through to completion and commissioning and beyond. We take a collaborative approach to contract negotiation and formation enabling us to create or negotiate contract documents that protect the client’s most important interests, while recognizing that language that unfairly overreaches is counterproductive.
We are fully integrated with the Construction Litigation Team of Quarles & Brady’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group providing both a complete understanding of all issues and complexities presented by major construction projects, as well as seamless continuity in addressing dispute resolution, arbitration, insurance claims, and litigation.
Recent representative transactions:
- Serving as project counsel in the creation and negotiation of one of the country’s first multiparty, integrated project delivery contracts for development, design and construction of a $200 million public/private biomedical research facility.
- Assisting Tribal Housing Authorities in development of custom construction, engineering, design, and on-call agreements; development of procurement policy; preparation and analysis of IFBs and RFPs; resolution of contractor disputes; financing of construction projects; and NAHASDA compliance and appropriation defense.
- Representing a national medical software company in the negotiation of design and construction documents for the $100 million first phase of a new multibuilding office complex.
- Representing a hospital system in the development and construction of a new office building, biomedical research facility, and hospital tower.
- Assisting numerous school districts in site acquisition and construction of new school facilities, athletic fields, and additions to existing schools.
- Drafting and negotiating the design and construction contracts for a $200 million performing arts and entertainment facility.
- Drafting standard construction management and design-build agreements for use by a national building firm specializing in the development of buildings for financial institutions.
For more information on how we can help with your construction transactions needs, please contact Diane M. Haller at (602) 229-5625 or