Coree Neumeyer is a member of the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group, where her practice focuses on general business, utility, and commercial litigation. Her practice involves resolution of commercial disputes through negotiation, mediation, and state and federal litigation representing primarily corporate and business clients, including lenders, financial institutions, utilities, and Fortune 500 corporations.
Ms. Neumeyer has experience in eminent domain, including government takings of undeveloped and improved land, utility property, and certificated areas and water rights. Ms. Neumeyer also has experience in public utility commission matters, including cases involving issuance and modifications of certificates of convenience and necessity to serve and rate proceedings.
In the financial industry, Ms. Neumeyer has represented a number of regional, national, and international banking institutions in various litigation matters, including defense of residential foreclosure-related claims, loan modification claims, third-party claims arising from trustee’s sales, and defense of statutory claims under the Truth in Lending Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act, and various state consumer protection acts. She has obtained dismissals of residential foreclosure-related claims in both state and federal court. Her experience includes settlement, discovery, depositions, dispositive motions, and appeals.
Her practice in environmental law includes representing clients in litigation matters involving CERCLA and Brownfield developments. She has also advised clients regarding regulatory compliance issues under RCRA, CERCLA, and federal and state regulation of underground and aboveground storage tanks.
Education and Honors
- The University of Arizona (J.D., 2007)
- Colorado College (B.A., cum laude, 2000)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association – Litigation Section (Member)
- State Bar of Arizona – Trial Practice Section (Member)
- Free Arts for Abused Children of Arizona Board of Directors (Member)
- Children’s Law Center (Volunteer Lawyers Program)
- Cavers Who Care (Committee Chair, 2007–2015)
- Selected for inclusion in Southwest Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2015–2017: Business Litigation)