Corporate Real Estate Team
Facilities of one kind or another are vital to the successful operation of nearly all businesses. As a result, effectively managing both the benefits and risks inherent in real estate is essential to the health of a company's bottom line. Our Corporate Real Estate Team
helps manufacturers, retailers, service providers and other business entities better manage their operating real estate assets. We assist businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies to closely held corporations with facility purchases and sales, leasing, corporate mergers and acquisitions, facility development and financing, and balance sheet transactions such as sales and leasebacks. Beyond our recognized technical expertise, we take great pride — and satisfaction — in getting to know the businesses of our clients, and aim in every relationship to give real estate advice that promotes the overall company strategy and goals.
Recent representative transactions:
- Acting as lead counsel in handling transfers of approximately $850 million in manufacturing, warehouse, packaging and transportation facilities in 13 states, conveyed in connection with the combination of domestic operations by two significant food and beverage companies.
- Representing a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial control systems in structuring, documenting and closing the portfolio sale, for approximately $155 million, of more than 4 million square feet of manufacturing, office and service center space comprising 24 discrete sites in 17 states and in Canada.
- Handling a series of transactions designed to reorient a publicly traded client’s balance sheet and to better position its manufacturing, packaging and distribution capabilities — including, among other discrete matters, by conveying to a strategic partner several major packaging production facilities in New York, North Carolina, Texas and Illinois as well as by acquiring (and later the sale of) a new production facility in Washington.
- Serving as lead counsel to several manufacturers of consumer packaging, industrial papers and custom paper products in structuring, documenting and closing various acquisition, sale and sale-leaseback transactions.
- Handling the complex real estate aspects of a large corporate spinoff on behalf of a national owner and operator of senior care facilities, including devising creative methods to allow for the division of parcels to accomplish the client’s objectives.
- Currently representing a large, publicly held owner and operator of assisted living facilities in all aspects of its business, including acquisitions, sales and financing.
- Serving as counsel for a large wholesale food distributor in the sale of its business, which included the sale of several owned and leased warehouse and distribution centers.
- Acting as seller’s local counsel in the sale of a large paper mill in a very complex transaction, involving numerous real estate issues such as land division, use of public trust land and several levels of governmental approvals.
- Acting as outside counsel to an array of large publicly traded companies (including companies in the transportation and logistics, food and beverage, managed services, automotive and heavy manufacturing sectors) in handling leases, purchases, sales and other realty-related issues arising in connection with manufacturing and distribution of facilities throughout the United States and Europe.
For more information on how we can assist with your Corporate Real Estate needs, please contact Diane M. Haller at (602) 229-5625 or