Courtney Figg concentrates her practice on business law and tax-exempt organization matters in the areas of affordable housing, religious activities, health care, and education. Courtney assists clients with entity formation, corporate governance, tax exemption, qualification and certification, regulatory compliance, preparation of agreements, and nonprofit securities offerings and compliance. Courtney also provides a range of real estate legal services, including representation of developers in residential and low income housing tax credit (LIHTC) matters.
Courtney has experience representing a variety of nonprofits, including charitable organizations, community associations, religious organizations, and affordable housing providers. Courtney also has specific experience assisting with business and real estate transactions for long-term care facilities.
Courtney values being a counselor for her clients and supporting them as they serve their communities.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Indiana International and Comparative Law Review (Student Note Editor)
- Moot Court: Order of the Barristers and Board Member - Associate Night Justice
- Client Counseling Competition: 1st Place and Board Member
- DePauw University (B.A., cum laude, 2007)
- Lilly Endowment Community Scholar
- Supreme Court of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Professional and Civic Activities
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Standing Committee on Professionalism - Member
- Real Estate Executive Committee - Member
- Indiana State Bar Association - Member
- Quarles Cares Volunteer
- Wheeler Mission Legal Clinic
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2017)