Craig O'Loughlin focuses in the areas of employment law advisement and litigation, OSHA compliance and defense, workers' compensation consulting and defense, labor relations advisement, and public contract award protests. His experience includes:
- Defending employers in federal and state (California and Arizona) employee discrimination and retaliation litigation, as well as wage and hour litigation, including large-scale class action defense.
- Representing employers before the E.E.O.C., US D.O.L., D.F.E.H., A.C.R.D and other administrative entities against wage and hour, discrimination and retaliation charges, including conducting investigations, drafting position statements, and participation in mediation/conciliation/arbitration.
- Advising employers on current trends and compliance with state and federal employment laws including the ADA, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, California's Fair Employment and Housing Act, and Arizona's Employment Protection Act.
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants, including non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements in the employment setting.
- Consulting with employers on employment issues and solutions as they pertain to mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations and reductions in workforce.
- Defending clients in matters of O.S.H.A. citations and related retaliation claims.
- Drafting comprehensive employment agreements, policies and handbooks for employers.
- Directing employers regarding labor relations matters and advising on NLRA enforcement trends.
- Protesting awards and denials of public contracts by state and municipal entities.
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., 2003)
- Pedrick Scholar. ASU Law Journal, Articles Editor 2002-2003, Staff Writer 2001-2002. National Moot Court Team, Captain 2002-2003 (regional Champions), Member 2001-2002. The Order of Barristers, Moot Court Honor Society, 2003.
- Arizona State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1999)
- Degree: English. Dean's List.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2003
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Arizona State Bar Association (Member)
- Phoenix Sister Cities, Prague Committee (Member)
- Selected for inclusion in the Southwest Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars 2012 and 2013 Editions (Employment & Labor)