Dale Regelman provides IP legal assistance to clients in the computer, chemical, pharmaceutical, and optics industries. He has drafted and filed more than 750 US patent applications and prosecuted to issuance over 400 US patents. Dale is also listed as inventor on 16 US patents. His litigation practice includes patent infringement, trademark infringement, and copyright infringement matters. His recent experience includes
- Currently represents clients in the computer, chemical, pharmaceutical, and optical arts in patent prosecution, licensing, negotiation, and related intellectual property counseling.
- Served as Assistant Director of a Tucson technical center.
- Designed and fabricated microelectronic components using novel polymeric, dielectric, and magnetic materials at an international telephone and telegraph corporation.
- Drafted and filed more than 500 United States patent applications.
- Served as a Senior Research Scientist with The Upjohn Company and a Research Leader with Dow Chemical.
- Managed research group of five Ph.D. synthetic organic / polymer chemists to develop novel, high-performance structural resins.
- Managed research group to develop novel isocyanates, polyurethanes, polyamides, polyimides, and polyamideimides.
Education and Honors
- University of Arizona–James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1992)
- Phi Delta Phi
- Order of the Coif
- Arizona Law Review (Editor in Chief, 1991-1992)
- Arizona Law Review Prize (1992); Ralph W. Aigler Memorial Award (1992)
- University of Arizona (Ph.D., 1977)
- Cornell University (B.A., 1971)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 1993
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1992
Professional and Civic Activities
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law Alumni Association (President)
- Arizona Law Review Association (President)
- Arizona State Bar (Member-at-Large; Secretary, Executive Council; Vice Chair of the Intellectual Property Section)