Dan Conley works in the area of complex commercial litigation with practical experience in crisis management and communication, health care, contractual matters, sales of businesses, real estate tax assessment disputes, business torts, trade secrets, legal ethics, professional malpractice, internal investigations, constitutional claims, class actions, securities law, unfair competition, antitrust and other restraints of trade. He chairs the firm's Class Action Subgroup, has formerly served as the Firm’s loss prevention counsel, and previously served as the chair of the Commercial Litigation Group’s Milwaukee office.
Trial Work: Dan is listed in Chambers USA® and in The Best Lawyers in America®. He has also been recognized in the Wisconsin Super Lawyers® list. He has represented clients in mediation, arbitrations, and state and federal trial, and appeal courts. Trial experience includes:
- State and Federal Trials, Appeals, ADR and Injunction Hearings involving:
- Patent infringement
- Health care providers
- Securities fraud claims;
- Anti-trust actions;
- Dealer and franchise disputes;
- Trade secret and non-competition agreements in various industries and professions;
- Contract and business tort claims involving executives and businesses;
- Trial of a class action to verdict;
- Challenge to a statute as violative of the Commerce Clause;
- Real estate tax assessments;
- Lanham Act and Trademark claims;
- Business Separations and Disputes.
- Arbitrations and ADR before:
- The American Arbitration Association;
- New York Stock Exchange;
- National Association of Securities Dealers;
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1985)
Judicial Intern for Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice William A. Bablitch, 1984. Wisconsin Law Review.
- University of Wisconsin (B.A., with distinction, 1981)
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1986
U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1986
U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1986
U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, 1998
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated.
- Selected for inclusion in the Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Business Litigation).
- Listed in Chambers USA (Litigation).
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (Commercial Litigation / Health Care Law / Litigation - Environmental / Litigation - Intellectual Property / Litigation - Securities).
Professional and Civic Activities
Judicial Clerk Experience: Law Clerk to the Honorable John W. Reynolds, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1985-1987.
Federal Court Committees:
Court Appointed Member of the Local Rules Committee for the Eastern District of Wisconsin (current); Local Rules Committee for the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals (past); and Eastern District of Wisconsin Standing Committee on Indigent Defense (current).
Significant Bar Activities:
President of the Seventh Circuit Bar Association (2006-2007); Board of Directors for the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association (2003-2009); Former Chair of CLE and Courts Committees for the Milwaukee Bar Association.
Legal Teaching Experience:
Lectured to law students, attorneys and judges on complex litigation, legal ethics, securities law, First Amendment, press and public relations, crisis management and communication, Federal and Local Rules of Procedure, and other topics.