411 East Wisconsin Avenue
David Jarvis is a retired partner with Quarles & Brady LLP. He represented major governmental and private employers in class action Title VII litigation in the western and eastern districts of Wisconsin. David also represented employers in over 100 labor arbitrations involving contract interpretations and discharge cases.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 1968)
Order of the Coif. Wisconsin Law Review (Editor-in-Chief, 1967-1968).
- University of Wisconsin (B.S., 1960)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member, Labor & Employment, Litigation and Family Law Sections).
- American Bar Association (Member, Labor & Employment, Litigation and Family Law Sections).
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member & Former Director, Labor & Employment Section; Member, Litigation and Family Law Sections).
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Elbert P. Tuttle, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1968-1969.
- New Day Club, Inc. (Director).
- Associated General Contractors (Legal Advisory Committee, Wisconsin Chapter).
- Ozaukee Disabled Citizens (Legal Advisor).
- University of Wisconsin (Visiting Professor of Law).
- Connecticut General Bachard v. Connecticut General Life Insurance Co., 101 Wis.2d 617, 305 N.W.2d 149
- Crown Life Insurance Co. v. LaBonte, 330 N.W.2d 201, 111 Wis.2d 26.
- Lutheran Hospital of Milwaukee v. National Labor Relations Board, 564 F.2d 208, cert gr. 98 S.Ct. 3118.
- “Accommodating Employees’ Alcohol and Drug Abuse Problems,” Quarles & Brady program, 1989.
- Co-author, “Americans with Disabilities Act and Employment Practices,” Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce Association Workers’ Compensation program, 1990.
- Author, “Guide to the Final Americans with Disabilities Act Regulations: What They Will Mean for Employers,” Quarles & Brady program, 1992.