Below are a few examples of our DEA team’s representative experience:
- Our team includes former DEA lawyers, and each tried numerous administrative cases while employed at the agency. These administrative cases included scheduling actions and registration actions involving physicians, pharmacies, and distributors.
- We have handled civil penalty cases under the Controlled Substances Act, including negotiating settlements.
- Our team has conducted client reviews and audits for clients with DEA registrations, to assist them in identifying and addressing any potential regulatory issues.
- We have responded to letters of admonition from DEA on behalf of clients.
- We regularly advise companies, including their compliance officers and boards of directors, on DEA compliance issues.
- We regularly represent clients in government investigations, and our team often leads internal investigations.
- We have extensive experience guiding companies through government subpoenas and warrants.
- Our team has negotiated potential civil penalty assessments regarding records of distribution and receipt, as well as DEA order forms.
- We have assisted clients, including pharmacies and distribution centers, in obtaining DEA registrations.
- Our team has handled registration issues for international pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors, relating to corporate reorganizations and spinoffs.
- We have represented clients in cases regarding their alleged failure to report suspicious orders.
- Our team regularly advises clients on completing theft and loss reports.
- We assist DEA registrants, including drug manufacturers, in negotiations with the DEA over quota issues.
- We have experience communicating with DEA regarding the scheduling of new molecular entities.
- Our team advises clients regarding pending legislation and proposed rules on the handling of controlled substances and scheduled listed chemical products.
- Our team members regularly speak at pharmacy schools and pharmaceutical industry conferences on various DEA-related topics.