Data Privacy & Security
Deanna is a partner in the Data Privacy & Security Team. Deanna advises companies regarding the latest data privacy and security regulations, including compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Deanna also routinely drafts privacy policies, website terms and conditions, and E-SIGN disclosures in connection with clickwrap agreements.
Representative matters include:
- Advised company regarding disclosure requirements relating to theft of data.
- Advised children's entertainment company regarding compliance with COPPA;
- Advised children's software company regarding compliance with COPPA.
- Routinely draft online privacy and security data policies for online content providers including online media companies.
- Advised bank regarding privacy statement, California internet regulations, and federal E-SIGN disclosures relating to clickwrap agreements.