Intellectual Property Litigation
Deanna is a partner who specializes in litigating all areas of intellectual property in federal and state courts, including bringing and defending patent infringement claims, troll defense, trademark and copyright infringement claims, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition under the Lanham Act, domain name litigation, including the AntiCybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA) and Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) disputes, and licensing disputes.
- Taranis IP LLC v. Garmin International, Inc., et al., (N.D. Ill.) (successfully settled patent troll litigation involving avionics manufacturer relating to GPS technology).
- International Floratech v. Desert Whale (D. Ariz.) (successfully obtained summary judgment invalidating asserted patent against cosmetics' supply manufacturer).
- EasyCare, Inc. v. Lander Industries, Inc. (D. Ariz.) (obtained favorable Markman ruling leading to settlement of patent and trademark dispute asserting claims under the ACPA involving equine hoof boots and internet domain names).
- Marjorie W. Sharmat et al. v. Cosmic Debris Etc., Inc. (D. Ariz.) (obtained favorable settlement on behalf of longtime children's author and illustrator in copyright infringement lawsuit).
- Obtained favorable settlement forcing infringing party to transfer domain name to client involving magazine publishing company.
- Favorably settled multiple trademark infringement claims by forcing infringing parties to pay licensing fees and/or enjoining such infringement in ammunitions industry.