Derek Neathery is a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group and concentrates in the areas of joint ventures, dispositions, acquisitions, leasing, and development.
Mr. Neathery regularly represents clients in a variety of transactions involving office, retail, industrial, hotel, and multifamily assets across the country. His experience also includes the development and sale of mixed-use projects and his clients include private REITs, pension fund advisors and private equity investors.
He also regularly represents landlords and tenants in a variety of leasing transactions. His experience includes negotiation of pre-construction leases for new office developments and preparation of form leases for landlords of multi-tenant office properties.
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2005)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2001)
- University Honors
Professional and Civic Activities
- Cathedral Counseling Center (Board member)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Edition (2014–present: Real Estate)