Elizabeth McErlean is a member of the firm's Energy & Environmental Practice Groups. She focuses her practice on regulations related to the energy, telecommunications, water, and transportation industries, where she counsels her clients on legal issues relating to their business.
Prior to joining the firm, she was a legal and policy advisor to the Chairman of the Illinois Commerce Commission. During law school, she was the editor of notes and comments for the DePaul Law Review and during the summer, she was an extern for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
Education and Honors
- DePaul University College of Law (magna cum laude, 2015)
- Order of the Coif
- DePaul Law Review (Editor of Notes and Comments)
- CALI Award - Highest Grade: Torts; Legal Analysis, Research & Communication II; Business Organizations; Criminal Procedure; Legal Drafting: Transactions
- Miami University (B.A., 2012)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- Illinois Bar Association (Member)
- Women's Energy Network (Member)
- Women's Energy Summit Planning Committee (Member)