Elizabeth Fella practices in the Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Creditor's Rights Group. Her recent experience includes:
- Representing local and national companies in complex contract disputes, complex financial restructuring negotiations, and related litigation.
- Representing lenders, borrowers, and trustees in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy litigation, including claims litigation, chapter 11 plan confirmation litigation, lien avoidance actions, and non-dischargeability actions.
- Assisting special servicers, lending institutions, and banks in connection with foreclosures and workout strategies in various debt collection scenarios, including scenarios involving environmentally contaminated collateral.
- Using creative litigation strategies such as creditor-filed chapter 11 plans to assist special servicers, lending institutions and banks in obtaining cost-effective recoveries after a bankruptcy is filed.
- Representing lending institutions and banks in bankruptcy and state court litigation against guarantors.
- Representing clients in bankruptcy appeals before District Courts, Bankruptcy Appellate Panels, and Circuit Courts.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditor's Rights
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., cum laude, 2006)
- Order of the Coif
- Arizona State Law Journal (Note and Comment Editor)
- University of Arizona (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Arizona Women Lawyers' Association
- Vice President of Southern Arizona Chapter
- Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court (Associate Member)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Sarah Sharer Curley
- Arizona State Bar Animal Law Section (Board Member)
- Humane Society of Southern Arizona Capital Campaign Committee (Steering Committee Member)
- Humane Society of Southern Arizona Board of Directors (Treasurer)
- Selected as a 40 Under 40 honoree by the Arizona Daily Star and the Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (2013)
- Selected for inclusion in Southwest Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars (2014: Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights); (2015–2017: Bankruptcy: Business)