Emily Shircel is a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Shircel was an attorney and corporate team lead of legal services for an immigration firm. She provides counsel for multinational corporations and foreign nationals on obtaining nonimmigrant visas, obtaining employment-based green cards under all employment-based categories, and general immigration compliance; advises corporations on immigration issues arising from corporate reorganizations, mergers, and layoffs; and prepares H-1B, L1A/L-1B, TN, E-2, E-3, B-1, and O-1 nonimmigrant petitions as well as employment-based permanent resident processes.
Education and Honors
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- Houston Invitational Moot Court Team (2009–2010)
- Evan A. Evans Con Law Moot Court Team (2008–2009)
- Dean’s List
- Arts and Law Society (Board Member, 2009–2010)
- St. Olaf College (B.A., cum laude, 2005)
- Major: History and Interdisciplinary Arts
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Samuel Der-Yeghiayan, United States District Court, N.D. IL, Chicago, IL. (Fall 2009)
- Legal Extern, U.S. Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Chicago, IL. (Summer 2009)
- Law Clerk, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, Chicago, IL. (Fall 2008)