Emily K. Fons is an attorney in the Business Law Practice Group. Emily maintains a comprehensive transactional practice, assisting clients in mergers and acquisitions, antitrust law, and general corporate law.
Emily represents both buyers and sellers in stock and asset acquisitions and divestiture transactions. In the area of antitrust law, she routinely assists clients with respect to joint venture and merger-related antitrust matters, including preparing and filing the Premerger Notification and Report Form for Certain Mergers and Acquisitions required under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act. She has helped clients obtain federal antitrust agency approval for numerous transactions.
Emily is actively involved in the firm's pro bono efforts. She is a member of its Domestic Abuse Injunction Lawyer-for-a-Day Project, as well as the Coordinator for the firms involvement in the Volunteer Lawyers Project through Legal Action of Wisconsin. Through these roles, she has successfully represented dozens of individuals seeking restraining orders against their abusers.
Prior to law school, Emily was the International eCommerce Specialist for a large distribution company and managed all of its legal requirements for shipping goods out of the United States, including compliance with the harmonized tariff schedules. While attending law school, she was a member of the Hastings International and Comparative Law Review. In 2014, she was a Summer Associate at Quarles & Brady.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education and Honors
- University of California–Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 2015)
- Hastings International and Comparative Law Review (Member)
- Marquette University (B.S., 2011)
- Major: Finance
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2015
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Legal Action of Wisconsin Volunteer Lawyers Project (Volunteer, Firm Coordinator)
- Domestic Abuse Injunction Lawyer-for-a-Day Project (Volunteer)
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic (Volunteer)
- Sojourner Family Peace Center Restraining Order Clinic (Volunteer)
- Quarles & Brady Women's Forum Committee (Member)