Corporate transactions, no matter the size or structure, can present various employee benefits issues, both before and after the completion of the transaction. We have significant experience in recognizing and addressing these issues for our clients. The following is a brief list of the types of service and advice that we can provide in connection with corporate transactions:
- Advising on employee benefits issues in connection with acquisitions, mergers, and corporate reorganizations.
- Performing due diligence.
- Analyzing legal obligations with respect to the numerous types of employee benefit plans and arrangements that are implicated during deal making.
- Negotiating and drafting the components of purchase and sale agreements that pertain to employee benefits matters.
- Assessing potential liabilities in connection with corporate transactions, such as controlled group liability under multiemployer plans, funding deficiencies, prohibited transaction violations, and retiree health claims.
- Advising on and implementing plan restructurings due to corporate transactions.