Health and Welfare Plans
With the ever-increasing cost of health care, our clients continually look for ways to manage those costs yet provide their employees with affordable and reliable health care coverage. We work with our clients to put together health and welfare programs that best accomplish these goals. The following is a brief list of the types of service and advice that we can provide with respect to these types of plan:
- Providing clients with comprehensive counseling on the design and operation of medical and dental plans and group-term life, retiree health, and flexible benefit plans.
- Structuring of severance plans, and advising clients on the administration, reporting, and disclosure obligations with respect to such plans.
- Drafting and reviewing various types of fringe benefit plan, including cafeteria plans with medical flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement arrangements, health savings account arrangements, and dependent care assistance plans.
- Assisting clients with HIPAA and ADA compliance for wellness-type programs.
- Drafting and reviewing fully insured and self-insured group health plans, and stop loss insurance.
- Assisting clients with all aspects of health plan administration.
- Advising clients with respect to the applicability and administration of requirements under COBRA.
- Analyzing the impact of workforce reductions on health and welfare plans.
- Assisting clients with their HIPAA security, and privacy compliance development and implementation.