Estate Planning Series –
The Demise of the Discount? Family Limited Partnerships
3:00 - 4:30 P.M. Arizona/Pacific Time
Attendees will gain insight on the benefits of Family Limited Partnerships and why many estate planners across the country believe it is the strongest estate planning tool of the last two decades. Specific topics will include discounts for lack of control and lack of marketability and the IRS's application of code 2704.
In addition, Kotzin Valuation partners will discuss the attributes of a business that influence discounts for minority interests in private companies, and recent trends in the quantification of these discounts.
Who Should Attend?
Business owners and advisors, families with existing FLPs, and estate planning professionals.
Save the Date
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - Business Planning and Captive Insurance
- Thursday, January 21, 2016 - Portability Killed the B Trust--NOT! AB Trust
- Thursday, February 25, 2016 - Stretch IRA & Trusts - Trust as IRA Beneficiary: Good Idea? YES! (Johnson Bank, Phoenix location)
- Thursday, March 3, 2016 - Stretch IRA & Trusts - Trust as IRA Beneficiary: Good Idea? YES! (Johnson Bank, Scottsdale location)
- Thursday, March 24, 2016 - Defective in a Good Way: Grantor Trusts
- Thursday, April 21, 2016 - Qualified Personal Residence Trust/Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts