The attorneys in the Florida offices of Quarles & Brady LLP possess a broad range of specialized expertise in real estate development, sales/acquisitions transactions, mortgage lending, and property associations.
Our Florida client base is involved in real estate matters throughout the State of Florida, and includes developers, entrepreneurs, businesses, institutions, lenders and individuals engaged in complex real estate transactions, commercial entity selection/formation/planning, and leasing issues.
The types of matters typically handled by our Florida attorneys include:
- Development of commercial, residential and mixed-use subdivisions.
- Formation and planning of development entities.
- Acquisition of sizeable parcels for future development.
- Issuance of title insurance for transactions involving Florida real property.
- Commercial and residential transactions and closings.
- Leasing of office buildings and shopping centers.
- Agricultural and earth mining operations.
- Acquisition and construction financing on developments ranging from health care facilities to mixed use developments to higher education institutions.
- Structured settlement of properties in distress.
- Representation of commercial and residential brokerage firms.
Recent representative transactions:
- Assisting in the development of a prominent beachfront resort located in the Florida panhandle, which includes four high rise residential towers, parking garages, and all with various recreational amenities in a master association umbrella concept.
- Representation of a Wisconsin developer that is developing mid-rise condominium projects throughout Florida, two of which are affiliated with marinas in Jacksonville, Fort Myers, and the Sanibel Beach area.
- Representation of a successor developer in a bulk purchase out of bankruptcy of unbuilt residential units from a national home builder.
- Assembly of over 2,500 acres of farm and environmentally sensitive land in south Florida through acquisitions and mergers for the purpose of conversions to development credits and the sale of remaining property to a conservation entity.
- Representation of the developer in the sale, construction and long term lease back to Lee Memorial Hospital Systems of a $62,000,000.00 cancer care facility and diagnostic treatment facility.
- Assisting in the acquisition of building site, construction financing and permanent financing and operation of a Hyatt Hotel in Sarasota, Florida.
- Representation of a new Catholic University in the acquisition of both its temporary and permanent campus sites in Southwest Florida, along with the bond financing for various improvements to the sites.
- Representation of the seller and issued title insurance on the sale for $45,800,000.00 office building in downtown Tampa to a Donald Trump entity.
- Leveraged lease financing transaction of over 120 national gas stations throughout Florida.
For more information on how our Florida practice group can assist with you real estate needs, please contact Diane M. Haller at (602) 229-5625 or